Craig Gell is a composer, sound artist and musician based in Folkestone, Kent, south-east England.
He has composed music for a number of animated short films, including Quarantine (2019) which won the Best Animated Short Film award at London Short Film Festival 2020.
Craig also creates sound art and site-specific art installations, drawing on the sights and sounds of his local environment. He has exhibited at various events and festivals including the Folkestone Triennial.
Further examples of his work can be heard on soundcloud.
For all enquiries, please email: info[at]craiggellmusic.com
– Technology For Talking, Composer. BBC Ideas / Screen South. Animation Short Film. Directed by Jemima Hughes
– Quarantine, Composer. BFI / BBC4 / Wingspan. Animation Short Film. Directed by Astrid Goldsmith (Mock Duck Studios)
– Polymer, Composer and Sound Design. Directed by Astrid Goldsmith (Mock Duck Studios)
– Squirrel Island, Composer. Directed by Astrid Goldsmith (Mock Duck Studios)
Sound Art / Exhibitions
– Green Language, Multimedia Installation, SALT Festival of the Sea and the Environment, Folkestone, Kent
– Starling Broadcast, Radiophrenia broadcast, Centre for Contemporary Arts Glasgow, Scotland
– Starling Broadcast, Sound Installation, Profound Sound Festival, Folkestone, Kent
– Folkestone’s El Dorado: An auditory ramble through the Warren, Mobile Music and Sound Art, SALT Festival of the Sea and the Environment, Folkestone, Kent
– House Of Easement, Sound Art Installation. Fringe:Open, Folkestone Triennial