Craig Gell is a composer, sound artist and musician based in Folkestone, Kent, south-east England.
He has composed music for award-winning animated short films, and created site-specific sound art works for festivals and exhibitions including the Folkestone Triennial 2017.
Further examples of his work can be found on soundcloud.
For more information, projects or commissions, please email: info[at]craiggellmusic.com
– Technology For Talking, Composer. BBC Ideas / Screen South. Animation Short Film. Directed by Jemima Hughes
– Quarantine, Composer. BFI / BBC4 / Wingspan. Animation Short Film. Directed by Astrid Goldsmith (Mock Duck Studios)
– Polymer, Composer and Sound Design. Directed by Astrid Goldsmith (Mock Duck Studios)
– Squirrel Island, Composer. Directed by Astrid Goldsmith (Mock Duck Studios)
Sound Art Works / Exhibitions
– Green Language, Multimedia Installation, SALT Festival of the Sea and the Environment, Folkestone, Kent
– Starling Broadcast, Radiophrenia broadcast, Centre for Contemporary Arts Glasgow, Scotland
– Starling Broadcast, Sound Installation, Profound Sound Festival, Folkestone, Kent
– Folkestone’s El Dorado: An auditory ramble through the Warren, Mobile Music and Sound Art, SALT Festival of the Sea and the Environment, Folkestone, Kent
– House Of Easement, Sound Art Installation. Fringe:Open, Folkestone Triennial
Awards / Residencies
– Francis Chagrin Award, Sound and Music www.soundandmusic.org
– ‘Made At The Red House’ Composers residency, Wild Plum Arts / Britten-Pears Foundation, Aldeburgh